Saturday, April 01, 2006

Announcing My DC Mayor-in-Exile Campaign

The candidate. A few years ago.
For Immediate Release
April 1, 2006
Contact: D.C. Native, asdfjkl99@comcast.net


D.C. Native Runs for Mayor-in-Exile Post
Blogger Says City's Future Lies in the Hands of Those Who've Left

(The blogosphere... the part in OR) - Blogger "D.C. Native" announced today her candidacy for Washington, D.C.'s Mayor-in-Exile, a post that represents District residents who've been forced out of their hometown by a deadly combination of rising housing prices, incessant political viotriol, and the loss of the city's middle class.

"I've never seen it this bad before," said the fourth generation native Washingtonian. "I hated to leave D.C., but I'm not willing to make myself a slave to a housing market gone crazy. There are easier places to live where we can work from afar to help the District."

The blogger is running on the "Save Our City" platform, which includes a "Stop Murder" plank, a "Reclaim Our Name" plank and one very worn but sturdy "How 'Bout Some Representation with that High Taxation?" plank.

"Let the candidates who live in D.C. keep fiddling with the school board and the baseball stadium. A candidate like me who lives far from the Beltway can see the broader picture," said D.C. Native. "And with a campaign purely done through blogs, I don't need the rich backers of every other politician. My motives will stay clean: I want to save my city."

Currently running unopposed, the candidate feels pretty confident about her chances on Election Day. She's keeping an eye on Marion Barry, though.

Follow the campaign's developments by visiting: http://politricksetc.blogspot.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home