Monday, May 01, 2006

DC Native Gets a Byline

Wayne, my much beloved friend who became a murder victim

There was a really heinous murder in town a few weeks ago. A teenage boy who'd been living with his friends' grandmother (after the friends moved out), killed the grandmother in question after torturing her all night long. The neighbors heard screams, which were quickly muffled, but ignored them because the house had had a lot of that sort of thing when the kids lived there and the neighbors got immune to hearing it. The kid had nowhere else to live, however, so when the cops arrived the next day - after a neighbor made the gruesome discovery - he was just sitting on the porch waiting for them. I guess now he has a place to live for the rest of his life. Some solution to teenage homelessness (and mental illness, obviously).

So I wrote a little piece for our local paper that got published today. Enjoy.

-- DC Native

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic thought-provoking column, and I'm so glad the newspaper published it so a wide audience can read it.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger dcnative said...

Thanks!! I tend to think I make an oddly circular argument in it... so could rewrite it one more time... but that's the nice part of publishing. It's done.

Now, we get to see what kind of strange letters-to-the-editor it brings in.

Tonto, hand me my bullet proof vest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home