Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Flying Purgatory Air, Coach

Woke up at 3:30 am after a lousy night of sleep. I never sleep well when I have to get up insanely early. Afraid I'll miss the alarm. Cab picked me up at 4:30. Got to the airport by 5. Through security by 5:30. Waited for my 6:30 flight to Seattle, then to DC. Got on the plane. Got off the plane. Got back on the plane. Fog in Seattle has done it again - put me in air travel purgatory.
They flew us to Portland. Thank god for free wireless. Without it, I'd have to listen to the FOX news blasting from various TVs. Did you know that Barack Obama is a plagiarist and that his Harvard-educated wife made $200K a year working for a hospital AND has never been proud of America til now???? And I got all that just from the chyrons and crawl.
I'm supposed to get on a noon flight to DC via Cincinnati - but is anyone taking bets? My old boss used to (joke that?) he hated flying with me because of my bad flying karma. If only he knew...
Yes, I'm an airport refugee. A vegetarian who's packed enough food to get me all the way east with no help at all. I'm an airport refugee... (sing it with me).... trying not to hit the Rogue Ale Pub House I'm staring at longinglyyyyy...... Hey, it's almost 11! That's at least 5:00 in Paris.
Sigh.

There's got to be an easier way.

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Banjo Bandolas said...

I hope you broke down and went in for a beer...it's bad karma to come to beer-town USA and not try a sip or six of Oregon's most talked about brew. It's always beer-time somewhere.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger dcnative said...

BB: You know me too well. I gave in to a Bloody Mary (hey, it's a brunch drink!) and sat next to a very shaky woman from South Hampton who was there to see her daughter's pole vaulting competition. She couldn't remember when she'd slept last but she thought it was Sunday...

14 hours to get across country. I kept thinking of the pioneers and how that would seem quick to them. They were the only people who came to mind who'd have that opinion however.

Off now to sleep in our nation's capital.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger dcnative said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home